Hotel General Manager
Home 2 Suites Columbus –
- Driver’s License
- Hotel experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate’s degree
Full Job DescriptionLEAD A BRAND NEW HOTEL THAT IS 2 MONTHS OLD
SALARY IS UP TO $75,000+ FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
Everwood is a fast-growing hospitality management company that is looking for you! We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our associates, guests, ownership and our communities. We care for people so they can be their best! Care is in the heart of what we do. Our 2 month old Home 2 Columbus is looking for a dynamic leader to lead our brand new hotel to success.
The General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Tour the operating departments daily, making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self-using the steps to effective training according to Everwood company standards, and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and company standard checkbook accounting procedures.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to company standards.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Forecast monthly the hotel’s financial position, by estimating revenues and line-byline
expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures
according to company SOPs.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant management position within
the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel according to
company SOPs and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in
their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to company
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients
touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as
- Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security
and monthly safe audits are followed and occur.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become certified to train those
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
- At least 5 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year
college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college
degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Brand experience preferred.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of
employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by
employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly,
courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company Standards, as required by
scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include
- Comply with Everwood company Standards and regulations to encourage safe and
efficient hotel operations.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from
various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must have valid driver’s license for the applicable state.